Belts & Hoses.
Belts and hoses are needed to keep your vehicle running properly. They play key roles in many major systems on your vehicle, including the engine cooling system, air conditioning, alternator, radiator, heater core, and more. Belts and hoses are made up of rubber and other synthetic materials. As a result, they can dry out and deteriorate over time due to being constantly exposed to heat, vibrations, and chemicals. That is why routine inspections are important. Belts and Hoses have the following components:
- Water Pump for engine cooling
- Power Steering Pump
- Air Conditioning Compressor
- Radiator Cooling Fan
- Many late-model vehicles use a single serpentine belt in place of individual belts to drive these accessories.
- Radiator and Heater Hoses – These hoses convey coolant to the engine and heater core.
- Fuel Hose – As the name implies, this hose transports gasoline from the tank to the engine.
- Power Steering Hose – It connects the power steering pump to the steering gear.